Part of the IAQ’s Boardroom Breakfast Series, this event is limited to 20 places by invitation only. IAQ CEO, Steve Abson, will facilitate robust interaction with Michael Schaumburg, Director General, Department of State Development.
About the Department of State Development:
The Departments purpose is to:
- Lead the delivery of economic development outcomes for Queensland
Incorporating the office of the Coordinator-General and with responsibility for a number of major flagship projects including the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games Venue Program and Brisbane’s Queens Wharf integrated resort development, the strategic priorities of the Department are:
- Influence policy and the investment environment
- Facilitate a major projects pipeline
- Strengthen the regions
- Grow priority, new and emerging industries
- Support enterprise and job creation
The Department has 3 current key focus areas:
- Industry – Prioritise industries and new sectors to encourage growth and innovation
- Regions – Grow regional economies through investment, exports and job creation
- Projects – Respond to challenges and opportunities and identify actions that will grow new projects
About Michael Schaumburg:
Michael is a senior executive with 30 years’ experience in the infrastructure and resources industries. For the last two decades he has had senior executive experience in the Queensland Government and government-owned corporations. He is a former Deputy Coordinator-General in the Department of State Development and Engineering Manager of the Ports Corporation Queensland. At a senior executive level, he has been involved in the planning and development of major resource and infrastructure projects that include the Abbot Point Growth Gateway Project, Fisherman’s Landing LNG Project and the proposed Yarwun Coal Export Terminal at Gladstone.
Michael’s private sector experience includes roles for engineering consultants, a large construction contractor and an ASX listed resources infrastructure development company. His academic qualifications include a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), an Associate Diploma in Civil Engineering and a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration. He is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, is a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland and is a Chartered Professional Engineer, Institute of Engineers Australia.