As the peak body representing the entire infrastructure sector across Queensland, IAQ is a great contributor to public forums and news media, as well as a major producer of government documentation.
The IAQ develops publications and white papers to assist governments with project development and delivery:
IAQ is committed to structuring infrastructure themes based on current industry environment and trends.
- Infrastructure Leadership and Coordination in Queensland November 2016
- The State Infrastructure Plan white paper March 2016
- ‘Developing the North – Future Thinking or Wishful Thinking’ Nov 2015
- IAQ Economic Development Taskforce Paper Jan 2015
The IAQ acknowledges the importance of Government documents and white papers. Notable government initiatives include:
- The 2016-17 State Budget- delivered by The Treasurer, Hon. Curtis Pitt, on June 14, 2016. Click here to see the highlights.
- State Infrastructure Plan- released in March 2016. Click here for Part A. Click here for Part B. IAQ created an Info-graphic to highlight the key points from the plan and a Media Statement. To provide our members with greater insights into the reforms & priorities in the State Infrastructure Plan, please download a copy of our white paper here.
The IAQ is heavily involved in government projects, seminars and events, such as:
- 12th Annual New Caledonia Business Forum- IAQ CEO Steve Abson spoke at this major bilateral business event, held in Brisbane on October 14, 2016 You can access the event handbook here.
- National Transport Commission- IAQ attended this land transport regulation 2040 workshop, held in Brisbane on November 2, 2016. The event was run by NTC Australia. Please find here a PDF of the slide pack used on the day.
- Brisbane Metro Subway System- IAQ attended an Industry Briefing on the Brisbane Metro Subway System, presented by Brisbane City Council. Click here to see the presentation.
IAQ regularly represents its members in the media:
- ‘Road, not rail the way to go’(May 27, 2017)
- ‘NSW kicking goals against QLD’(May 27, 2017)
- ‘Queensland Infrastructure: Two-thirds say politicians not doing enough’(23 May, 2017)
- ‘Opinion: Queensland must start Cross River Rail with or without Commonwealth- by Steve Abson’(23 May, 2017)
- ‘Funding shortfall to stall infrastructure’ (20 February, 2017)
- ‘Infrastructure dithering costs Queensland $1m a day in economic benefits’ (November 14, 2016)
- ‘Brisbane Olympics Bid: Galaxy poll shows big support’ (August 15, 2016)
Sydney Morning Herald:
- ‘Queensland poll paints bleak infrastructure picture’ (23 May, 2017)
- ‘Put infrastructure ahead of votes- Opinion piece by Steve Abson’ (28 February, 2017)
- ‘Federal Election 2016: Queensland ‘finds’$800 million for Cross River’ (28 June, 2016)
Australian Financial Review:
- ‘Contractors stall on Qld rail project’ (7 September, 2017)
- ‘Need to solve Inland Rail’s ‘missing link’ says Port of Brisbane’ (19 May, 2017)
- ‘‘Big Future for City on Move” Pg 1 (29 August, 2017)
- ”Big Future for City on Move” Pg 2 (29 August, 2017)
- ‘Growth on the menu at Brekkie’ (7 July, 2017)
The Gladstone Observer:
The Government News: